First Lincoln Federal Credit Union was originally chartered in 1956. It was an industrial credit union consisting of members of local #156 Amalgamated Meat Cutters & Butchers Workman of North America in Lincoln, employees of the Credit Union, and immediate family members. Willard Mook was elected treasurer and took care of operations from his home. He conducted business at the American Stores plant literally working out of his car with records of account in his back pocket.
Later, the charter was expanded to include management of American Stores and the name was changed to Amscoe Federal Credit Union and operated out of a corner of a lunchroom for two years. In 1959, the Credit Union hired a manager and moved to an old conference room within the American Stores building. A year later, the Credit Union moved into an abandoned sawdust shed along a fence line which gave members better access without having to sign in at the gate. By 1963, the Credit Union moved into a trailer house adjacent to American Stores property along 2nd Street. In 1969, the Credit Union had a facility built at 141 M Street.
In April 1969, Amscoe's charter was changed to include special groups to better serve the surrounding community. After operating out of the M Street facility for 12 years, it was decided to open a branch office at 330 N 48th to offer members a more convenient place to conduct business. In 1980, the Credit Union changed its name to First Lincoln Federal Credit Union which was more indicative of its charter. First Lincoln built a new facility at 5730 R Street where the Credit Union has been serving its members since 1984. Today, First Lincoln Federal Credit Union is open to all persons who either live, work, worship or attend school in Lancaster County, NE.
|Phillip Liescheski||Vice Chairman|
|Cathy Maestas Graham||President|
|Deb Esch||Vice President|
|Peggy Coffey||CD's/Member Services|
|Josh Scribner||Loan Officer|
|Sheena Hobbs||Ach/Member Services|
|Kent Marshall||Loan Officer|
|Elliott Kosmicki||Member Services|